Thursday, 3 April 2025
Trending
AfricaLiveWar

Sudan War: Two people were killed in the attack on the aid convoy

  • The humanitarian operation was requested and coordinated by the parties to the conflict, it said – and both had given security guarantees.
  • The ICRC has called for immediate protection for all civilians, including humanitarian workers and medical workers.
  • The ICRC said the attack took place on Sunday in the al-Shajara neighborhood in the west of the city. It added that “over a hundred vulnerable civilians” were to be relocated from Khartoum to Wat Madani.

The automobiles – which the charity said were “truly marked with a pink pass” – had to evacuate more than a hundred civilians. Three charity workers have been the various injured, the International Committee of the Crimson Pass stated. In an announcement, they stated they had been “taken aback and dismayed”.

Sudan’s civil war between the military and paramilitary forces has now entered its eighth month.Earlier on Sunday, the East African Regional Organization (IGAD) said it had received a commitment from each sides to put into effect a ceasefire and maintain face-to-face talks. Both the army chief and the RSF chief have promised a peaceful solution, it said. However, previous promises have been broken.

What is happening in Sudan?

The ICRC said the attack took place on Sunday in the al-Shajara neighborhood in the west of the city. It added that “over a hundred vulnerable civilians” were to be relocated from Khartoum to Wat Madani.

The humanitarian operation was requested and coordinated by the parties to the conflict, it said – and both had given security guarantees.

Pierre Dorbes, head of the ICRC delegation in Sudan, stated the assault used to be “unacceptable”: “i’m appalled by using the entire disrespect for the crimson move, which must be respected and protected underneath international humanitarian regulation.

“Our mission today is to bring these citizens to safety”, continued Mr Dorps, “Instead, lives have been tragically lost. My heart goes out to the loved ones of the people killed, and we are confident that those injured will make a full recovery .”

Among the evacuees were the sick, children, orphans and the elderly who needed to be moved to a safer area.

The evacuation is currently suspended pending a new safety assessment.

The ICRC has called for immediate protection for all civilians, including humanitarian workers and medical workers.

Related posts
WarWorld

Energy Ceasefire: No Relief for Russia-Ukraine Conflict

Russian drone and artillery attacks kill one civilian and injure ten, including children. Ukraine…
Read more
LiveWorld

How Trump's Tariffs Affect India and the Global Economy

Trump to announce reciprocal tariffs today, impacting India, Japan, and other countries. India…
Read more
WarWorld

Putin’s Largest Draft in 14 Years: 160,000 Men Called for Military Service

Russia announces its largest conscription campaign since 2011, drafting 160,000 men. Trump…
Read more
Newsletter
Become a Trendsetter

To get your breaking, trending, latest news immediately without diluting its truthfulness join with worldmagzine immediately.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Artificial IntelligenceAutomobiles

New AI Technology in Metro Buses

Worth reading...